A peaceful greeting and an invitation to the quest for the Truth

A peaceful greeting and an invitation to the quest for the Truth


I want to start by pointing out that I am not here to attack or disdain the believers of the KJV-Onlyism, nor the Churches which adopted this view which many people consider to be, if not a conspiracy, a controversy.

As a fellow follower of the Truth and the Wisdom incarnated, I merely want to share my journey and the findings how KJV-onlyism made sense to the people. And by tracking down the history and the logical consistency of the arguments, I wanted to see which makes more sense. I wanted to see what could be the possible misunderstandings that may have led its believers to their unique conclusion.

I can respect an individual belief towards the certain understanding of the part of the Bible which may differ due to the background of personal belief and preferences. But if your belief is the very radical one that disqualifies others’ beliefs on the history of the Bible and its teaching? I have to ask you if you have done your research.


Have you examined whether:
    - the amount of your exposure to certain materials were imbalanced
    - you thought it was insignificant, so you didn’t look into it with critical thinking
    - you are trusting the interpreter of the Bible more instead of what the Bible really says
    - you went through enough research and tried digging up to make a fair assessment


Many people are too busy to do the cross examine the facts and opinions. And it’s only natural. Why would one have to doubt God’s Words? But wait, do you really know what the Bible said? Or are you just believing the pastor, or the writer of the books you read about the subject?


I, as an ex-skeptic, a Korean polyglot (who uses English, Chinese, and Japanese), and the beholder of an analytical and investigative habit towards the Truth claims, had started a series of research towards this issue. And I have decided to share the findings in the nicest way I could present. So, I hope you can take the journey with me to see if what you believe is truly what you think you believe.

Although I am not a big fan of doctrines, I believe all the essential doctrines the usual Christians believe. Just like you do. I believe the God of the Bible created the universe as written in Genesis; I believe Jesus is the messiah Isaiah prophesied who came to our world by virgin birth; I believe He was a historical figure who ascended to heaven, and gave us the Holy Spirit (or Holy Ghost, if it has to be the correct name for you). And of course, I believe in Trinity even though it is a mathematical nightmare. I can assure you that we have more common beliefs than disagreeing ones. So, consider me a friend who did the homework you were supposed to do instead of you.

We are supposed to be a brother in Christ. Please check if my findings are relevant and true. And correct me if I am wrong. If you are a pursuer of the truth, yes, please pray for me to be led to The Truth instead of trying to lead others to ‘my version of the truth’. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does the Bible say about the Bible ? Part 3

1.7 논리, 우주론 Logic & Cosmology

What does the Bible says about the Bible? Part 2.